DLT Announces Executive Appointments
Herndon, VA — (December 9, 2015) – DLT Solutions (DLT), a leading public sector technology company, announced today a series of executive appointments in engineering, sales, and marketing to better support the government’s increasing demand for cybersecurity, cloud, big data, and DevOps solutions.
“For over 25 years, DLT remains committed to offering leading technology solutions available in the market to support our public sector customers,” said Alan Marc Smith, President and CEO, DLT. “As the tech industry evolves, DLT is committed to ensuring our technology partners can quickly provide their latest innovations to the government and to help agencies identify the right technical solution to meet their requirements. The recent DLT executive appointments are just one of several investments we made this year to continue to make government IT procurement easy for both technology manufacturers and our public sector customers.”
Earlier this year, DLT was Millstein & Co. LPinvestments in the opening of its new headquarters in the Dulles Technology Corridor in the Washington, DC region, which includes its DLT Operations Center and DLT Innovation Center.
DLT Executive Appointments include:
- David Blankenhorn promoted to Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In the role of CTO, Blankenhorn is responsible for helping shape and develop the strategy behind DLT’s industry-leading technology portfolio. With more than 25 years in the technology industry, David has broad technical knowledge earned through extensive IT experience, coupled with in-depth government cloud computing expertise. The DLT Office of the CTO works with major global IT brands and emerging technology companies to identify best-in-class offerings to address cloud, big data, DevOps, and cybersecurity requirements for the company’s public sector customers. Prior to joining DLT, David spent more than a decade at Sun Microsystems where he was a Principal Engineer, Chief Technologist and Global Manager in the Professional Services and Advanced Services divisions.
- Kristin Oelke joined DLT as Vice President, Marketing. In this role, she leads the company’s marketing function responsible for branding and demand generation. Oelke is focused on strengthening DLT leadership in federal, state and local government, and extending the company’s reach into the education, healthcare and utilities segments. Oelke joined DLT with more than 20 years technology marketing experience in both the computing and telecom industries, having held leadership roles with Sun Microsystems and Ericsson.
- Gary Danoff joined DLT in the newly created role of Senior Vice President, Cloud Division. DLT is a leading Amazon Web Services public sector partner, and in this role, Danoff is responsible for the company’s strategy and execution focused on helping customer’s take advantage of the power, flexibility, security, and cost-effectiveness of leveraging the public cloud. Danoff has 30 years of industry experience including leadership roles at Microsoft, SAP/Business Objects, NetApp and Nortel Networks.
- Kim Boarts was promoted to DLT Vice President, Enterprise Applications Division. DLT has partnered with Oracle for 25 years including holding the prestigious position as Oracle’s longest standing U.S public sector reseller partner. In this role, Boarts is responsible for DLT’s expansive Oracle practice including Oracle’s entire hardware and software product portfolio, as well as driving cloud adoption and sales of value-added services. Boarts has 20 years IT experience including sales leadership roles at Affigent and Oracle.
- Jim Propps was named DLT Vice President, Enterprise Platforms and Enterprise Data Management Divisions. In this role, he is responsible for optimizing customer’s data centers and providing open source solutions through partnerships with Red Hat, Veritas and Symantec. Jim has been with DLT for six years, most recently serving as Director, Enterprise Platforms, where his team recently garnered the award as Red Hat Public Sector Partner of the Year. Propps has extensive public sector channel experience having held prior sales and leadership roles with GTSI (now Unicom) and AC Technology.
About DLT Solutions
DLT is a leading technology partner to the federal, state and local government, education, utilities and healthcare markets. For more than 25 years, the company’s dedication to helping the public sector make smart technology choices and simplify their technology procurements ensures its customers have the best options for Cybersecurity, Cloud, Application Lifecycle, Digital Design, IT Consolidation and IT Management solutions. The DLT advantage includes strategic partnerships with industry leading and emerging technology companies - including Amazon Web Services, Autodesk, Dell Software, Google, Informatica, Oracle, Red Hat, SolarWinds, Symantec and Veritas - whose products and services can be easily procured through DLT by leveraging its broad portfolio of government IT contracts including, GSA, SEWP V, U.S. Communities and Texas DIR. To learn more, visit DLT’s Resource Center, call 800.262.4358 or email email@example.com. Also on LinkedIn and Twitter (@DLTSolutions).