Oracle Partners Fuel Growth in Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Sales
Oracle PartnerNetwork Programs and Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Enable Partners to Drive Customer Success Through Increased Storage Performance and Efficiency While Reducing Costs
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 30, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To date, Sun ZFS Storage Appliances have been sold globally across a wide range of industries by nearly 500 partners, including OPN Specialized members, DLT Solutions, Dynamic Systems, Inc., Forsythe, MapleSoft and Technologent.
- Engineered together with Oracle software, Sun ZFS Storage Appliance features deep integration with Oracle Database and provides robust application data storage and backup capabilities for Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SPARC SuperCluster and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. It also offers immediate benefits for customers using NAS for virtualization, cloud, storage consolidation, and data protection.
- Sun ZFS Storage Appliances engineered together with Oracle's new SPARC T5 servers form a high throughput, high performance platform on which partners can generate new revenues by delivering significant integration and value added services.
OPN Enablement Resources Help Partners Differentiate Themselves in the Market
- Today, partners can leverage an extensive library of tools and resources to extend their business opportunities with Sun ZFS Storage Appliance. OPN Enablement resources offer:
Specialization for Sun ZFS Storage Appliance: Oracle provides a complete Specialization offering for the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance enabling partners to be recognized as qualified to install Sun ZFS Storage Appliance systems. To date, over 65 partners have achieved Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Specialization.
Incentive Rebate Opportunities: Authorized Oracle resellers who are transacting through participating authorized Oracle VADs are eligible for select rebates on Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance as part of the OPN Incentive Program.
Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Sales and Marketing Resources: With a wide variety of supporting resources, partners can quickly design and support Sun ZFS Storage Appliance sales and marketing campaigns. A Fast Start, 1:1 demand generation kit, including a reference guide, templates and Sun ZFS Storage Appliance video assets, enables partners to easily position the value proposition of the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance for customers. A Sales Velocity kit also provides a bevy of resources to partners to extend demand generation activities across their wider customer and prospect base. The Oracle NAS Storage Knowledge Zone on OPN boasts more than 3600 members. As a result, these partners are benefitting from the additional go-to-market support, marketing kits and local Value Added Distributor (VAD) campaigns enabled through the OPN Specialized program.
Key Product Capabilities and Easy Deployment Drive Partner Success
- Delivering industry-leading performance, density and simplified administration, the easy to deploy Sun ZFS Storage Appliance is ideal for environments running Oracle Database or Oracle Data Warehousing, Oracle VM and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, e-mail servers, and ERP or CRM applications.
- The easy-to-use management interface and comprehensive DTrace storage analytics help customers and partners quickly isolate and resolve issues. They can also remotely manage their Sun ZFS Storage Appliance environment from their Apple iPhone or iPad with a secure application that enables monitoring of storage service logs, I/O statistics, real-time analytics, component status, faults and even recommended repairs.
- "With products like Sun ZFS Storage Appliance it's easy to build a very powerful overall Oracle solution," said Jack Gulas, Maplesoft Technology Founder. "We've seen great success with our customers taking an integrated approach that leverages the Oracle Exadata Database Machine together with the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance."
- Mardi Norman, president and CEO, Dynamic Systems noted, "We've been able to build our business providing IT design, implementation and management services and solutions utilizing Oracle technology. We've leveraged the OPN Specialized program, especially with Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, to showcase our experience, expertise and success across the Oracle stack."
- "The Sun ZFS Storage Appliance is a very channel friendly product and the growth over the past year has been tremendous," said Joel Borellis, group vice president, Partner Enablement, Oracle. "Our Specialized partners are leading the charge on this effort and continue to see success with integrated go-to-market and sales programs. We hope to see more partners achieving Specialization for Sun ZFS Storage Appliance this year, giving them expertise and differentiation in the marketplace, and enabling them to build a bigger, better business with Oracle."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- OPN Specialized
- Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Specialization
- Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Product Family Info
- Calculator: Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Savings
- Product Review: Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance
- Customer Video - iXtend Boosts Performance 24x w/ZFS
- Customer Video - Qualcomm Speeds Development
- Customer Video - Novation (Exadata & ZFS)
- Customer Reference - GREE, Inc.
- Customer Reference - ADMB Group
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn, and OPN on YouTube.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.