Agencies of all sizes are moving their business applications to the AWS Cloud to lower costs, deploy more quickly, and simplify infrastructure management. With AWS, users can choose between installing and configuring their own applications or launching entire software stacks from Oracle, SAP, and others – all while utilizing existing licenses.
- Cost – Save money and avoid up-front capital expenses by paying only for the resources used.
- Scalability – Automatically add thousands of virtual machines and seamlessly scale to handle virtually any number of users.
- Flexibility – Take advantage of an open and flexible platform that allows users to move data in and out anytime and run virtually any application. Users choose the operating system, programming language, or database that makes the most sense for a particular agency.
- Security – AWS is a secure, durable platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits such as FISMA Moderate, HIPAA and ITAR compliant controls.
Today, almost everything generates data. AWS makes it easy to provision the services needed to turn that data into actionable information for each agency.
- Ease of Use – Launch clusters in minutes and enjoy the benefits of automatic provisioning, set-up and configuration.
- Elasticity – Provision one, hundreds or thousands of compute instances to process data at any scale.
- Reliability – Automatically replace poorly performing instances and retry failed tasks.
Disaster Recovery Archive
The AWS Cloud enables faster disaster recovery of critical IT systems without the added infrastructure expense of a physical second site.
- No Tape – Eliminate costs associated with transporting, storing and retrieving tape media and backup software.
- Elasticity – Add, expire and delete any amount of data, quickly and easily.
- Security – Store data on a secure and durable technology platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits.
High Performance Computing
AWS expedites HPC workloads on elastic resources and saves money by choosing from low-cost, pay-as-you-go pricing models that match utilization needs.
- Cost – Eliminate the cost and complexity of procuring and managing expensive hardware and software.
- Elasticity – Add or remove resources quickly and simply to meet utilization needs.
- Scalability – Increase speed of innovation with the ability to provision resources within minutes.