Department of the Navy Oracle II ELA
The Department of the Navy (DON) awarded an IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity) contract for Oracle software. This new five-year ordering period supports DON Information Technology efficiency efforts by consolidating procurement of all Oracle software across the DON. The IDIQ consists of two components:
- Unlimited License Agreement (ULA) Products: Provides unlimited use within the DON for the following core products: Oracle Database (Personal, Standard, and Enterprise Editions), Lifecycle Management Pack, Advanced Security, Diagnostics Pack, Tuning Pack, Partitioning, Data Masking and Subsetting Pack, Label Security, Database Vault, Audit Vault and Database Firewall and WebLogic Suite.
- Catalog: Most of Oracle’s remaining software products are available for purchase via the catalog. Pre-negotiated enterprise discounts available for each commercial price list. Catalog prices are static through May 2023.
Mandated Source of Supply
The use of Department of the Navy (DON) Enterprise Software Licensing (ESL) Agreements is mandated per the February 22, 2012, DON Chief Information Officer (CIO)/Assistant Secretary of the Navy (ASN) Research, Development, & Acquisition (RDA)/ASN Financial Management & Comptroller (FMC) memorandum to achieve maximum cost savings.
The DON is the official licensee. This consists of any entity considered a “Principal Element of the DON” (“PED”) as defined by the 32 Code of Federal Regulations, sections 700.203 and 700.204. Authorized users include: DON government employees (military, civilian, Navy Reserve, and National Guard assigned to the DON), contractors, non-human devices, detailed individuals that are included and accounted for in the DON in support of the internal or external DON operations and those individuals or non-human devices who have access to, use, or are tracked by Oracle software.
The following are excluded from the DON ESL Agreement for Oracle II and therefore may NOT order products from the Contract Catalog:
- U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine.
- Any entity for which DON is serving as a DoD Executive Agent pursuant to DoD Directive 5101.1, DoD Executive Agent.
- Any entity for which the DON is serving as a DoD Combatant Command Support Agent (CCSA) pursuant to DoD Directive (DoDD) 5100.03, Support of the Headquarters of Combatant and Subordinate Unified Commands.
- Any entity or successor/reorganized entity for which the Department of the Navy Special Access Program Central Office is/or becomes the oversight authority or cognizant authority in accordance with DoD Directive 5205.07, Special Access Program (SAP) Policy.