In Modernization Requires Leadership: Leading the way to Cloud Security, Zero Trust, and Threat Intelligence, DLT and ICIT experts detail the role of leadership in ensuring the success of three aspects of modernization: the cloud, zero trust, and threat intelligence.
As Executive Order 13800 of May 2017 states, we must modernize to keep pace with our adversaries. Cloud computing, zero trust architecture, and effective threat intelligence promise to improve the security of government systems. However, modernization requires investment of time, money, and intellectual capital. Obtaining these requires leaders who can articulate their benefits to policymakers, legislators, agency leaders, and essential collaborators in areas such as operations, procurement, finance, human resources, and privacy. This paper will explore these themes, with discussions on:
- Leadership in the Cloud including how to socialize different cloud benefits
- Zero Trust Architectures and gaining buy-in for ZT investments
- The role of Modernization in bringing greater access to data, knowledge, and insights for improved threat response and overall support of the business mission
This publication was authored by:
- Don Maclean, ICIT Fellow & Chief Security Strategist, DLT
- Parham Eftekhari, Executive Director, ICIT
- Drew Spaniel, Lead Researcher, ICIT
The authors would like to thank the following experts for contributing to this paper:
- Peter Archibald, Regional Sales Manager, US Government and Systems Integrators, Checkmarx
- Scott Gordon, Chief Marketing Officer, Pulse Secure
- Shaina Raskin, Manager Sales and Marketing, Polyverse
- Brandon Shopp, Vice President of Product Strategy, SolarWinds
Fill out the form below to download the Whitepaper.