- Dr. Ron Ross, Fellow, NIST & 2019 ICIT Pioneer
- Tim Anderson, ICIT Contributor & Sr. Security Advisor, AWS
- Jeff Hsiao, ICIT Contributor & Security Solutions Engineer, CheckMarx
- Parham Eftekhari, Board Chair, ICIT & Executive Director, The Cybersecurity Collaborative
- Joyce Hunter, Executive Director, ICIT & Former Deputy CIO for Policy and Planning, USDA
The need for increasing levels of software security is becoming even more apparent as organizations migrate applications to the Cloud and adopt DevSecOps as part of their software development and operational processes. During this panel discussion, you will hear from todays’ top industry leaders including Dr. Ross from NIST who will highlight the latest security guidance under NIST SP 800-53, Rev. 5, and the role security plays as organizations migrate applications to the Cloud and embrace DevSecOps. Experts will explore one of the new security controls outlined in NIST SP 800-53, Rev. 5, “interactive security testing,”, a testing process that detects a wide variety of vulnerabilities by observing actual running applications. The panel will talk to the role real-time testing and traditional static/dynamic testing play in the new world of DevSecOps. Also, during this session, you will gain an understanding of some of the best practices employed by other agencies as they migrate their applications to the Cloud, and the important role security plays during this transition.
Attendees will earn 1 CPE for attending this educational briefing.