As an Advanced Consulting and Managed Services Partner for Amazon Web Services (AWS), DLT helps make the path to the cloud seamless and cost efficient for federal agencies and higher education institutions. Our AWS-certified technical experts provide architectural and technical direction in the selection of appropriate cloud solutions, as well as dedicated professional services for installation, configuration, training, and ongoing support. By leveraging the AWS Cloud, agencies can reduce costs, improve service delivery and increase productivity across the entire organization.
AWS has received an Agency Authority to Operate from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) at the Moderate impact level. With this certification, users can leverage the AWS environment to quickly and securely move applications and workloads to the cloud, while reducing the need for costly and redundant security authorizations.
DLT Cloud Navigator
As a partner, finding the right path to profitability in the cloud is complex and time-consuming and the journey is unique to each organization. To grow your public sector profitability, you need a trusted leader and guide who knows cloud distribution, the public sector, and how to help take your business to the next level with maximized market opportunities. That's why we created DLT Cloud NavigatorTM — and why companies like AWS choose DLT to distribute cloud solutions to the public sector. Since 2011, DLT and Amazon Web Services (AWS), have partnered together to provide cloud solutions to the Public Sector. Awarded with the Government and Education Competencies, DLT is the only advanced consulting partner offering premier tiered public sector distribution for AWS.
Compute & Networking
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud.
- Allows users to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction
- Provides users with complete control of computing resources
- Reduces time required to obtain and boot new server instances (within minutes)
- Is highly scalable and can be configured to auto-scale as workload requirements grow or shrink
Amazon Work Spaces is a fully managed desktop computing service in the cloud that enables end-users to quickly and easily access documents, applications and other resources.
- Allows users to easily provision cloud-based desktops at a low cost
- Eliminates the complexity of maintaining, patching, and managing large physical desktop environments
- Supports multiple devices, including laptops, iPads, Kindle Fires, and Android tablets
Amazon VPC is a private, isolated section of the AWS Cloud where AWS resources can be launched in a virtual network defined by the user.
- Gives users complete control over their virtual networking environment
- Allows users to select their own IP address range, create subnets and configure route tables and network gateways
- Provides the ability to create a connection between an agency’s corporate data center and VPC to leverage the AWS Cloud as an extension of the corporate data center
Deployment & Management
Amazon CloudWatch provides monitoring for Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud resources and applications.
- Is a reliable, scalable and flexible monitoring solution
- Allows users to programmatically retrieve data, view graphs, and set alarms to help troubleshoot, spot trends, and take automated action based on the state of the government
- Enables users to gain system-wide visibility into resource utilization, application performance, and operational health
AWS Elastic Beanstalk is for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with popular programming languages including Java, .Net, PHP, Node.js, Python, and Ruby.
- Automatically handles deployment details such as capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling and application health monitoring
- Allows users to easily provision cloud-based desktops at a low cost
- Allows users to retain full control of the AWS resources powering their applications
- Is a flexible, highly reliable environment
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables users to securely control access to their AWS services and resources.
- Provides the ability to grant unique security credentials to users and groups to specify which AWS service APIs and resources they can access
- Can be customized and integrated with existing identity systems
- Is seamlessly integrated into AWS services and delivers flexible security credential management
Storage & Content Delivery
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is a highly durable and available data storage infrastructure that allows users to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web.
- Allows users to write, read, and delete objects containing 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data
- Provides unlimited storage of objects and flexible options for managing data
- Includes authentication mechanisms for ensuring data is kept secure from unauthorized access
Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) is block level storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances that can be exposed as a device within an instance.
- Network-attached and persist independently from the life of an instance
- Suitable for applications that require a database, file system, or access to raw block level storage
Amazon Glacier is an extremely low-cost storage service for data archiving and backup.
- Is optimized for data that is infrequently accessed
- Allows users to reliably store large or small amounts of data for as little as $0.01/GB per month
- Requires no upfront capital investment
Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery web service that gives users the ability to deliver dynamic, static, streaming, and interactive content with low latency and high data transfer speeds.
- Uses a network of secure edge locations to lower latency and give users the high, sustained data transfer rates they need
- Allows users to only pay for the content delivered, without minimum commitments or upfront fees
- Automatically responds as demand increases or decreases without any user intervention
Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud is an isolated AWS Region that provides users with
specialized cloud solutions designed to address sensitive data requirements and security regulations.
- Addresses specific regulatory and compliance requirements
- Adheres to U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Is FedRAMP-compliant
- Is appropriate for all government agencies, contractors, and systems integrators
Amazon Relational Database Services (Amazon RDS) is a web service that makes it easy to set-up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
- Provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity
- Gives users access to the familiar capabilities of MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL database engine
- Automatically patches software and backs up the database
- Is highly flexible
Amazon DynamoDB is a fast, fully managed NoSQL database service.
- Allows users to store and retrieve any amount of data and serve any level of request traffic
- Offloads the administrative burden of operating distributed database clusters
- Is highly scalable and flexible
Amazon RedShift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service.
- Makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze data using existing business intelligence tools
- Is optimized for datasets ranging from a few hundred gigabytes to a petabyte or more
- Costs less than $1,000/TB per year
The migration of existing IT services to the AWS platform is a common use case. DLT’s experts can assess the current architecture, perform the affinity mapping, and provide the optimal AWS design to support your application. Once the design is finalized, DLT will manage the migration and test the functionality of your service to ensure a clean transition.
Integration of cloud based systems and on-premise resources allows for no good tool to be left unused. Design of hybrid clouds demand not only technical attention, but policy & operational due diligence as well. DLT maintains customizable policies and design patterns to enable the integration of current architectures and the AWS Cloud Platform.
Security as a practice
We can assist your stakeholders and technical staff with the creation or the review of existing security reference architecture and solution patterns in order to incorporate security comprehensively into your cloud environment, or on-premise platforms. We will work with you to publish your policies as descriptive documentation with graphical aids. The results are delivered in such a way that security is embedded within the “infrastructure as code” philosophy whenever applicable.
Flexible Import/Export Services
DLT provides an import/export service with all of the functionality of the basic AWS offering, while adding a massive degree of flexibility, customization and security. Comprehensive chain of custody workflow, flexible data device support, file format conversion options, as well as pre & post migration manifesting assures you that your data will be moved securely, in whole, and made ready to be put to use in short order.
Cloud Native Design and Deployment
Cloud native design – as opposed to most traditional migrations – is for those new IT services where the goal is to fully leverage the scalability, elasticity, and native capabilities of the cloud platform. These design patterns are often very different from those used in the design of on-premise applications, and DLT can help you design and deploy the right services for your new application.
AWS Architecture Review and Optimization
To maximize savings and efficiencies of your cloud workloads, DLT will validate your existing architectural descriptions and deployments and – where appropriate – make recommendations on changes that may increase performance, decrease costs, enable better scaling, take greater advantage of native services, and improve availability.
Pilots & Proof of Concepts
DLT's technical experts will meet with you to better understand your business and technical objectives and develop a proof of concept for your specific use case. By testing the AWS Cloud in your environment, you can eliminate risk and verify and validate the key elements of your conceptual solution prior to implementation.
DLT also offers custom engagements to meet your specific needs. DLT utilizes the Cloud Adoption Framework developed by AWS to plan, execute, and provide deliverables to you. The Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) breaks complex cloud efforts into manageable components. With its modular components based-approach, CAF allows creation of very specific and scalable adoption roadmaps.
As a Premier Consulting Partner for AWS, DLT offers comprehensive training courses to ensure that our customers get the most out of their cloud environment, including instructor-led training from basic essentials to more complex concepts. Our experts can also develop custom classes specifically targeted to meet the needs of your team.
- Introduction to AWS Core Concepts
- System Architecture & Operations on AWS
- Development Integration on AWS
- Security on AWS – Techniques, Compliance, and On-premise Integration
For more information about the AWS Platform, call 1-800-262-4DLT or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agencies of all sizes are moving their business applications to the AWS Cloud to lower costs, deploy more quickly, and simplify infrastructure management. With AWS, users can choose between installing and configuring their own applications or launching entire software stacks from Oracle, SAP, and others – all while utilizing existing licenses.
- Cost – Save money and avoid up-front capital expenses by paying only for the resources used.
- Scalability – Automatically add thousands of virtual machines and seamlessly scale to handle virtually any number of users.
- Flexibility – Take advantage of an open and flexible platform that allows users to move data in and out anytime and run virtually any application. Users choose the operating system, programming language, or database that makes the most sense for a particular agency.
- Security – AWS is a secure, durable platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits such as FISMA Moderate, HIPAA and ITAR compliant controls.
Today, almost everything generates data. AWS makes it easy to provision the services needed to turn that data into actionable information for each agency.
- Ease of Use – Launch clusters in minutes and enjoy the benefits of automatic provisioning, set-up and configuration.
- Elasticity – Provision one, hundreds or thousands of compute instances to process data at any scale.
- Reliability – Automatically replace poorly performing instances and retry failed tasks.
Disaster Recovery Archive
The AWS Cloud enables faster disaster recovery of critical IT systems without the added infrastructure expense of a physical second site.
- No Tape – Eliminate costs associated with transporting, storing and retrieving tape media and backup software.
- Elasticity – Add, expire and delete any amount of data, quickly and easily.
- Security – Store data on a secure and durable technology platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits.
High Performance Computing
AWS expedites HPC workloads on elastic resources and saves money by choosing from low-cost, pay-as-you-go pricing models that match utilization needs.
- Cost – Eliminate the cost and complexity of procuring and managing expensive hardware and software.
- Elasticity – Add or remove resources quickly and simply to meet utilization needs.
- Scalability – Increase speed of innovation with the ability to provision resources within minutes.
For more information about the AWS Platform, call 1-800-262-4DLT or email email@example.com.
As an Advanced Consulting Partner for AWS, we are able to provide the following services:
DLT and AWS work together to ensure you are quickly up and running in the cloud. We maintain a diverse and deep library of design patterns to jumpstart your application or systems into the cloud. These unique blueprints include design, installation, configuration, training, and support remote or on premise delivery by one of our senior engineers. Our alignment to the “infrastructure as code” methodology is designed to help both business and technical users become cloud-ready as quickly as possible by addressing all aspects of cloud computing in a documented, organized, and easy to digest manner.
Built on Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) proven framework, our cloud platform offerings allow you to rapidly procure IT services, scale up or down as needed and release when finished, resulting in the perfect mix of cost savings, improved service deliverability, and increased productivity for your agency. DLT Managed Services supports the entire life cycle of services for the AWS platform. From design and implementation to management and support, we offer a unique “train-mentor-deliver” approach that guarantees rapid customer adoption and maximum self-efficiency.
DLT also provides our customers with ongoing managed services including support, monitoring and maintenance, to ensure continuity and consistency within your cloud environment.
Learn more about DLT’s Managed Services.
To ensure continuity and consistency within your cloud environment, we offer a 24x7x365 U.S.–citizen, U.S.–soil, ITAR compliant Service Center to support complex case resolution.
Our accredited DLT Service Center provides:
- Monitoring, management and remote assistance for your cloud instances
- Single 1-888 number for all services and product-impact alerts
- Support calls answered by a live person
- Web portal access
- Monitoring of all service activity
- Specialized reporting and analysis
For more information about the AWS Platform, call 1-800-262-4DLT or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Contract Name||Contract Number||Sector||State|
|FEMA IPAWS BPA||70FA3018A00000008||Federal|
|GSA Multiple Award Schedules||GS-35F-267DA||Federal, State|
|King County, WA AWS IDIQ||5617069||State||Washington|
|NASPO ValuePoint Cloud Multi-State Multi-Vendor IDIQ||AR2480||State||Alaska, California, Connecticut, Indiana, Missouri, Utah, Vermont, Washington|
|OMNIA Partners, Public Sector Software IDIQ||R190902||State||Texas|
|SEWP V||Group A: NNG15SC07B; Group D: NNG15SC98B||Federal|
|State of California Multiple Award Schedule (CMAS)||3-16-70-1047B||State||California|
|State of Maryland Multi-Vendor COTS IDIQ||06B02490021||State||Maryland|
|State of New Mexico Multi-Vendor IDIQ||60-000-16-00075||State||New Mexico|
|State of Texas DIR Multi-Vendor Cloud IDIQ||DIR-TSO-4054||State||Texas|
|TIPS Cloud IDIQ||190103||State||Texas|
|University of Mary Washington AWS IDIQ||UCPUMW 15-400||State||Virginia|
Enable Anywhere, Anytime Access on Any Device
Amazon Web Services (AWS) End User Computing (EUC) solutions provide users access to the resources they need from anywhere, on any device. Now more than ever, schools are increasingly looking for ways to stay connected in remote scenarios. Students expect 24/7 access to their educational institutions, faculty desire flexible experiences that extend learning and communication outside the classroom, and administrators need solutions that are cost-efficient and agile enough to adapt to ever-changing needs. AWS services including Amazon WorkSpaces and Amazon AppStream 2.0 can enable the continuation of classes with high-quality delivery of learning, so that students can progress toward their academic goals uninterrupted. To learn more about AWS EUC solutions, view the on-demand webinar below.
Amazon AppStream 2.0: AppStream 2.0 is a managed application streaming service that allows customers to centrally manage their desktop applications and securely deliver them to a browser on any computer, including Chromebooks, Macs, Windows and Linux PCs, iPads, and Android tablets. Customers can easily scale to any number of users across the globe without acquiring, provisioning or operating hardware or infrastructure. Provide students the applications they need.
Amazon WorkSpaces: Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) solution running on AWS. WorkSpaces allows users to easily provision Windows and Linux cloud-based desktops on any device, giving them access to their information and applications while remaining secure and compliant with industry standards. Use cases: