Glasswall Solutions has offices in the United Kingdom and across the United States, and provides organizations and government agencies with unique protection against evasive, sophisticated cyber threats in files and documents through its innovative, ground-breaking security d-FIRST™ technology. Validated by government and defense organizations in the UK and US, Glasswall takes file-based attacks off the table. Only Glasswall enables organizations to open, store and share files with confidence.
- Step 1 - Deep-File Inspection: Takes the file and reads it into memory, inspecting the three distinct layers of the file:
- Visual Content Layer: What users actually see when viewing or editing the file. The text and images on the page.
- Active Content Layer: Additional functionality in a file or program, such as macros, add-ins, or data connections.
- File Structure Layer: The framework within which the Visual and Active Content is stored and managed.
- Step 2 – Remediation: Repairs a document’s structure, ensuring complete compliance with the specification set by the developer of that file type. For example, Adobe has an ISO 32000 specification that details all valid binary structures for PDF. The published specification for a file is what we call, 'known good'.
- Step 3 – Sanitization: Removal of Active Content mitigating the risk of functional features in files. Controlled by policy, sanitization allows users to get the document features they need and strips out all the functions they don’t.