GovDefenders: An Interview with John Slye, Deltek Cybersecurity Analyst
On May 7, GovDefenders is hosting its annual Cybersecurity Virtual Event. This year, the focus is on continuous monitoring and identity and access management in the government at both the federal and state and local levels.
Earlier in the week, John Slye, one of the event’s keynote speakers, sat down with us for a pre-event interview. He specializes in market trends, forecasting, and government spending analysis across vertical markets, including information technology, cybersecurity, homeland security, and defense. He brings more than 20 years of experience in federal, state, and local market analysis into policy, technology, and buying trends. In addition to publishing reports for Deltek, he is a contributor to the Washington Post and other news media.
We asked him:
- Deltek has a solid reputation within the public sector for primary market research. Can you briefly describe how you interact with government information technology decision makers to develop survey results?
- With increased revenues due to a gradually improving economy, some of the pressure is off state and local budget authorities. Are you seeing an increase in allocation of funds to cybersecurity solutions in response to what appears to be increasing cybersecurity threats at the state and local government level?
- Based on your surveys what do you see as the most critical need expressed by information security decision makers?
Register now to watch John’s full presentation - and many others - on May 7, for free and online, by clicking here!
The event will offer eight educational breakout sessions from the industry’s top cybersecurity vendors and a panel discussion on NIST's new cybersecurity framework. It’s anchored by three keynote speakers:
- Aneesh Chopra, former US Chief Technology Officer, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, Hunch Analytics
- Dr. Ron Ross, Fellow, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Federal Information Security Management Act Implementation Project lead
- John Slye, Advisory Research Analyst, Deltek
GovDefenders is a group of IT industry companies who have come together to discuss government cybersecurity. The partners are: Dell Software, ForeScout, Symantec, BMC Software, Oracle, Red Hat, SolarWinds, and DLT Solutions. Visit www.GovDefenders.com for more information!